- 11 suicide attempts in the past month, 28 in March 2016
- isolated First Nation tribe in Kenora District, northern Ontario, Canada
- population around 2,000 on the reserve
- former chief Theresa Spence had a hunger strike in 2013 to protest over the Canadian government not providing enough money, education and health care for the tribe
- had a state of emergency in 2011, the third in three years, due to low temperatures and insufficient housing
Note: some views are contrary, take from it what you will...
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... ncy-debate
http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/column ... nversation
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ous-people
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e29605353/
The band website: http://www.attawapiskat.org/
If you are Canadian, write your MP and MPP/MLA and let them know your thoughts.